MOSSA® Group Centergy® Workout Classes in Worcester, Massachusetts
Group Centergy® will grow you longer and stronger with an invigorating 60-minute mind-body workout. It incorporates yoga and Pilates fundamentals with athletic training for balance, mobility, flexibility, and the core. Emotive music drives the experience as you breathe and sweat through this full-body fitness journey. REDEFINE YOUR SELF.
Group Centergy® APR19
“Beautiful music and effortless programming!”
“Fluid and beautiful!”
“This one ignites you from the inside out!”
“Spirals was athletically stunning!”
Group Centergy® JAN19
“Absolutely beautiful movements and music!”
“Loved the athleticism and well-balanced training!”
“The energy of Salutations was undeniable!”
“All those Crouches will get your glutes!”
Group Centergy® OCT18
“The movement was as breathtaking!”
“Perfect blend of static and dynamic strength!”
“The Greatest Show your legs can imagine!”
“Your hamstrings will melt into Folds!”
Group Centergy® JUL18
“Amazing workout, phenomenal soundtrack!”
“Every single movement steeped with intention!”
“T-Swift had my legs shaking by the end!”
“A gift for the hips and spine!”
Group Centergy® is an athletic mind-body program including fundamentals from yoga and Pilates set to emotive music.
Group Centergy® is your answer to a mind-body program appealing to the masses. Personal Trainers confidently prescribe Group Centergy® for their clients once a week to balance their workout.
Group Centergy® is a perfect way to improve balance, mobility, flexibility, and strength. It puts back all that we take out and really centers your energy. It’s ideal to be your workout of choice or add it once a week to your current workouts to reinvigorate the mind and body. More info (printable)
GETTING STARTED WITH GROUP CENTERGY®
WHAT IS IT?
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Focus – Athletic, functional, full-body movements kick off the journey to get your mind and body warm.
- Salutations – The sweat really starts here as traditional yoga postures are repeated, building strength and stamina.
- Challenge – Standing yoga poses put the lower body on notice during this physical highpoint track. This is a full-body track that will leave you shaking.
- Balance – The energy pulls back, allowing you to focus inward and concentrate on balance, but you are still working and burning calories.
- Core BACK – Core training for the often-neglected back area will create muscle balance and improve posture.
- Core FRONT – Uses inspiration from one of today’s most popular exercise trends, Pilates, to strengthen your abs and stabilize your pelvis.
- Hips – Exercises promote both stability and mobility through the hips, which translates to a healthy and pain-free back and spine.
- Spirals – Includes rotational movements to improve the mobility, flexibility, and stability of the spine, all requisites to feeling and staying young!
- Folds – Lower back and hamstrings stretches are the antidote for a physically and mentally stressed body.
- Restore – Also referred to as a mini vacation, you’ll be ready to take on all physical and mental challenges by the end of this track as you recover from the workout.
IS IT FOR ME?
- New exercisers because the program makes it easy to work at your own pace
- The “fit-it-in-where-you-can” exerciser, because Group Centergy® is a timely way to increase strength, flexibility, and to relax – all in one hour
- The athlete, because it keeps your body in peak condition, helps fight injury, and facilitates quick recovery
- Men and women of all ages and fitness experiences that want to enjoy the mental benefits of a mind-body discipline
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO IT?
- Wear comfortable workout clothing that moves well with your body.
- Bring a towel, a water bottle, and a yoga mat.
- Arrive 15 minutes before class and introduce yourself to the instructor. The instructor will answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease.
- Stand close to the center of the room so you can see the instructor clearly. It is not necessary to be at the front, and having a couple of other participants in front of you can help provide visual information about the movements.
- Try to ignore any mirrors in the room, as they can be distracting. Just have fun and remember that the instructor is the best source of visual technique information.
- Your instructor will coach you, including movement and pose options, to ensure your success.
- Speak with the instructor at the end of class to ask questions and to check in about your experience.
HOW WILL I FEEL?
During class, you will feel more aware of your body than ever because of the newness of the experience and the nature of the workout. Some of the movements and postures may feel quite different than your everyday movements and even awkward as a result. Class might also seem like it is moving a little faster than you would like because the terminology is somewhat unfamiliar. With each class, you will become more comfortable and feel more successful.
Talk to the instructor after class to let them know how you felt and if anything felt particularly challenging for you. The instructor will answer your questions and address your concerns to help you achieve greater success in your next class. Keep in mind that you may be sore afterwards because your body is adjusting to the new demands on your muscles. This is perfectly normal.
Above all, don’t forget to have fun as you start your Group Centergy® journey.