MOSSA® Group Active® Workout Classes in Worcester, Massachusetts
Group Active® is an innovative one-hour workout that improves cardiovascular fitness, builds total-body strength, and enhances movement health for daily life. Inspiring music and supportive coaching will ensure you succeed with simple, athletic exercises that use dumbbells, bodyweight, and The STEP®. ACTIVATE YOUR LIFE!
Group Active® JUL20
“Prepares us for LIFE!”
“Complete SATISFACTION from work in Chest!”
“Reconditioning left us Unbreakable!”
“Training Masterpiece from start to finish!”
Group Active® APR20
“Halos for Shoulders. Felt SO GOOD!”
“Hangin’ Tough through Chest Presses!”
“PUMPED THE PARTY in Cardio Intervals!”
“We lit FLAMES up in our Cardio Peak!”
Group Active® JAN20
“Balance training at its BEST!”
“Cardio Intervals Move Ya Body!”
“Loved circuit-style to Cardio Basics!”
Group Active® OCT19
“TAKES CARE of BUSINESS!”
“Will leave you RESTORED and READY!”
“SHAKING and smiling in Balance!”
“Helped improve STRENGTH!”
Free Class Pass
Group Active® is a simple and athletic program drawing from all four elements of fitness: cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility.
Getting new people moving.
From young to old, it will get you started and keep you coming back for more. Because of the programming and equipment, Group Active® is a great launching pad into Group Power®, Group Blast®, and Group Centergy®.
Great place to start.
Group Active® is perfect if you are new to exercise or have not exercised in a long time. Also ideal for the super busy and fit who need to get it all – cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility. More info (printable)
GETTING STARTED WITH GROUP ACTIVE®
WHAT IS IT?
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Cardio Warm-Up – Gets you loose, warm, and ready to go for the workout with some basic, simple movements.
- Cardio Basics – The cardio work starts to build and sweat starts to drip as we step up and down on The STEP® to increase the heart rate.
- Cardio Intervals – Two words…lungs and legs! Cardio training goes up another notch with interval training mixed in to focus on lower body strength.
- Cardio Peak – 20 minutes of cardio training finishes off with a bang in this high-energy track making use of athletic step movements.
- Active Recovery – Simple movements bring your heart rate down and get you ready for strength training.
- Back & Legs – Time to grab the dumbbells. Exercises like Deadrows, Reverse Flys, Lunges, and Squats are performed to make you stand taller and stronger!
- Chest – Now we move to the front of the body with dumbbell exercises such as Chest Presses, Chest Flys, and even a few Push Ups!
- Arms – Finish off the upper body using small muscle group exercises, such as Bicep Curls, Tricep Presses, Tricep Extensions, and Shoulder Presses. Your arms will be leaner and stronger.
- Balance – Focuses on improving your balance to assist in your coordination, athleticism, and posture – it will make you smile!
- Core – The final strength track ensures your core muscles are strong so you can do more…and so your abs look great!
- Flexibility – Stretching ensures flexibility and recovery, so you’ll be ready for your next Group Active® class!
IS IT FOR ME?
Group Active® is perfect for:
- Anyone that is new to exercise or that has not exercised in a long time.
- Those that are just unsure of where to begin with exercise.
- Infrequent exercisers that want a well rounded workout.
- Individuals with busy schedules that need a comprehensive, time-efficient workout.
- The experienced exerciser that wants to be able to work hard and do it all in one hour.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO IT?
- Wear comfortable workout clothing and comfortable athletic shoes.
- Bring a towel and a water bottle.
- Arrive 15 minutes before class and introduce yourself to the instructor. The instructor will help you set up your equipment and answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease.
- Stand close to the center of the room so you can see the instructor clearly. Have a couple of other participants in front of you because they can help provide visual information about the movements.
- Your instructor will coach you and include exercise options to ensure your success.
- Speak with the instructor at the end of class to ask questions and to check in about your experience.
HOW WILL I FEEL?
During the first few classes you may feel awkward and even uncoordinated at times. After this, you will feel more comfortable because you will be familiar with the class format, terminology, exercises, and equipment. Start with light weights and the 4″ STEP® platform with no additional risers. Be prepared to get warm and to break a sweat. As you become more confident, you’ll be able to increase the intensity of the workout to suit your specific needs.
After class you will feel a sense of success from getting your first class under your belt. It is important to know that you may be sore for several days afterwards because your body is adjusting to the new demands on your muscles. This is perfectly normal. Enjoy the sore muscles; you earned them!